Monday, July 28, 2008

When I grow up....


I told myself today, YOU ARE AN ADULT

and I think I mean every word that I say

only its hard to fathom

because I'm stuck somewhere between

buying a house and

playing make believe.

I keep having dreams of my future sons

and how much hair my daughter's going to have

but then I remembered how I stayed up till 2am last night

watching episodes of Baldwin Hills

and That's So Raven.

Oh, how I laughed with my boyfriend

about how silly each character was

And during the afternoon, this past Sunday

I went to Six Flags on my season's pass.

I bought it because I knew I would go more than 1 time

and get my money's worth.

I'M AN ADULT, I told myself today

but I can't wait to get home and play in the Wii

and battle my roommates in a tennis tournament.

Yeah, I have roommates...so what - what's wrong with that??

my rent costs less than some people's car payments

so - don't judge me, lol..

And I went out to the dancing with my girls the other night

and watched the newest Batman movie

then I played hand clap games on the National Harbor

remembering "how to get the rhythm of the HOOOOOT DOG"

singing "down, down baby, down by the roller coaster"

WOW how long ago was that?

Not too long ago, I think to myself.

Today, I said - GIRL YOU ARE AN ADULT - as I looked in the mirror.

I pulled some curls towards my face.

put on some make-up, brushed my teeth.

put on a black skirt, fitted white top, black peep toes and gray shell earrings

grabbed my company laptop, and a bowl of fruit.

got on the elevator, hopping in my mazda6.

sped down 495


...10 minutes late.


Yep...I'm an adult :)

that's what I told myself...today, as I logged onto my computer - pulled up Solitaire and got
ready

to

play



2 comments:

BMUnanimous said...

"Back in the days when I was young I'm not a kid anymore but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again..."

PYT said...

I AM AN ADULT! I remind myself of this quite often...I don't feel like an adult...and my cousins, whom I admired so much while in their mid twenties..I thought they were the coolest ever...am I that cousin now? It sure doesn't feel like it. But Pizzle, you're right...WE ARE ADULTS! That is why we have to come to work everyday, wheter we want to or not (mostly not) and do work and if not at least appear to be busy. And I'm an ADULT, so I invest my money, and I think about buying a house often...I really want to have cookouts every weekend with my friends and cook dinner for my muff and cuddle while watching Wheel of Fortune...BUT I still want a house, which is a sound investment, so the reasons behind it don't matter! HA! Adults want houses :-) We are adults.