Friday, July 25, 2008

regular musings....

SO i was told that needed to update my blog the other day. the thing with me is, if i'm not inspired, I usually cannot write. it has to be this thing, like this thing that wakes me up from my sleep and no matter how much I try to fight it, i have to get up and write. its usually one word. i don't write it out, like they used to teach you in elementary school and make a word map (remember those with the clouds and stuff). i don't make an outline, but when it's done, it looks like i tried to organize it some type of way...only i didn't. the one thought usually comes out structured, when its all said and done.
SO today...i have not pressing thoughts. not ones that make me wanna get up and write.
but my mind it filled with a bunch of stuff. sometimes the stuff is so complex, i don't want to write it. perhaps I'm embarrassed for people to see the everyday thoughts in my mind. i think because i think they're not good enough to write in this blog. if i'm going to publish my post, it has to be good stuff.
SO i wait until its an urging in my spirit, until the writing it so big it can't contain itself in my head or the thoughts are so profound that they have to go somewhere. maybe i'm scared that my regular musing won't get received or perhaps my random thoughts may offend someone. i think because the things I think of everyday is how i hate going to work. don't get me wrong, i don't hate my job. i'm blessed to have my job. its a great job. and i get paid good money..but what if I don't want to GO?
SO you see my everyday thoughts are full of who established this system of working 5 days a week? and how come everyone's scared to ask my supervisor can we telework for one day out of the week, especially since it's corporate policy. general litigation is busy...but shoot, i can do some of this crap on a home pc. trust me. and then my other thoughts are how come I don't have enough dresses? every time i go to the store, i buy at least 3...so how come I've ran out today and i have to wear dress slacks?? i hate pants in the summer time. why can't i bum it up with my boyfriend today? and how come our titles both say we're analysts? who made up that term and did they do it to make us feel better about our positions? i mean seriously...what the heck is a systems analyst or a legal analyst?

and who cares...

3 comments:

PYT said...

This post is like looking into a mirror. I agree with EVERYTHING you said!

My mom's a budget analyst and my dad was a lead systems analyst...interesting musings on the analyst title.

And you're right...why can't we TELECOMMUTE, shoot...gas it $5 a gallon. Who says we have to work 40 hours to make a complete work week...why is that? What about working 3-4 days and spending 3-4 days with family/friends?! That's the true definiton of work/life balance.

Studies have also shown that workers are just as if not more productive when they work from home...I mean shooooot...TONS of people spend random time on the internet anyway or the phone. So why not allow them to do that from home and then give you a solid 4-5 hours of work a day! Google is much more lax and it's one of the best places to work...they even have nap time! Now THAT'S what I call a J-O-B!

And on to the inspiration...you KNOW I can totally rock with that. Hence the reason majority of my blogs seems so depressing because that's what moves me to write. It's harder for me in times of happiness, but when something is heavy on my heart it helps me to pour it out so I can let go of it. So blog on Pizzle...blog on. When those thoughts wake you up at night or weigh heavy on your mind...I understand the need to blog about it and get it out. Sometimes it helps to clear your mind and bring peace and sanity.

E. "Bluntastic" Pizzler, the Fourth said...

"What about working 3-4 days and spending 3-4 days with family/friends?!"

You ain't never lied!!! LOL

BMUnanimous said...

Work-life balance is just something a lot of companies place in their policies, but never enforce. In studying many other European cultures, productivity rates do differ; however, I'm sure I would further enjoy life if I spent more time with my family then I did my co-workers.