Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Giddy...


Never in my life have I felt like I do this morning. I woke up in the middle of the night, permeated with anticipation. I likened the feeling to being an eager kid on Christmas morning - waiting for my parents to get up - as I wait for my poll partner to come get me this morning, to VOTE. The thought of changing our nation's history brings me to tears...really? A black man, as president of the United States? But so much more than just a black man....a leader who comes along once in a lifetime. I'm honored to cast my vote in his name. Barack - defined as "blessed" or "to bless."

Can you imagine feeling like an election is spiritual?

I can't wait to run to the polls...

I can't wait to don my pin, with Barack's face on it, on my way to work, after my ballot has been cast.

I feel a part of something bigger than me.

Something larger than life.

The audacity of Hope.

A dream deferred.....


suddenly REALIZED.




No comments: